'Dog poo cost me my leg'
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Man's leg amputated after dog poo got in wound

Collin Smith had to have his leg amputated after dog poo on a rugby pitch got into a wound and caused a serious infection.

His local council, Rhondda Cynon Taf, is now one of 12 in Wales using Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs) to fine dog owners who do not pick up after their pets.

Mr Smith, 53, from Miskin, welcomed the move.

He said: "That residue seeps into the ground, it disappears and it's a hidden accident waiting to happen."

  • 13 Aug 2018
Go to next video: How to light a street lamp with dog poo