Damage caused to house following hoverboard fire
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Hoverboard fire caused 'total devastation' to Australian house

A family in Australia has been left homeless after a hoverboard given as a Christmas present sparked a fire.

Fire crews said the popular electrical product was charging in a girl's bedroom in the Melbourne suburb of Strathmore when the blaze started.

Acting deputy chief officer Robert Purcell from Metropolitan Fire Brigade said there was total devastation to the interior of the house.

  • 05 Jan 2016
Go to next video: Fire safety warning over hoverboards