Some garden plants 'toxic' to pets
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Guernsey dog owner warns of toxic plant danger

A devastated dog owner whose pets died after eating toxic plants has issued a warning to fellow animal lovers.

Ginny Heaume lost her two Spaniels, Macy and Tally, after they ate a castor oil plant which was highly toxic.

The Guernsey Society for the Protection of Animals has set up a "poison garden" to show pet owners some examples of dangerous species.

  • 01 Jun 2017