Rattlesnake bites customer in US Wal-Mart store

A Wal-Mart customer is recovering after he was bitten by a rattlesnake in a garden department of the chain store.

Mica Craig said the reptile pounced as he was shopping at the store in the US state of Washington.

The 47-year-old stamped on the serpent and was later treated at hospital with anti-venom, after his hand suffered serious swelling.

Wal-Mart apologised, and said it was investigating how the snake had entered the store in the city of Clarkston.

  • Published
  • Section
    BBC News