10 things we didn't know last week
1. The least common PIN code is 8068.
2. Monogamy evolved to keep baby killers away.
3. The average Frenchman eats only half a baguette a day, compared with almost a whole baguette in 1970 and more than three in 1900.
4. When a cat lies on its back it wants its head stroked.
5. Soap and clean water make children grow taller.
6. Bookshop customers are six times more likely to buy romance or cookery titles when they can smell chocolate.
7. A hummingbird's brain accounts for 4.2% of its bodyweight, the highest of any bird.
8. David Cameron is an Alt-J fan.
9. Grapes hit by hail stones produce wine that tastes corked.
10. Fish with interesting surroundings are brainier.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek