10 things we didn't know last week
1. LA inmates have to pass a "gay-dar" test to stay in the safest wing.
2. Seals like to have sex with penguins.
3. Men are twice as likely to drown as women.
4. A 10 second kiss transfers 80 million bacteria.
5. The world's largest billboard is in Saudi Arabia and is 250m long.
6. Angelina Jolie can do a Derby accent.
7. Manchester has the largest proportion of single people in the UK.
8. A sign language name can be recorded on your birth certificate.
9. A rescue dog can be mayor of San Francisco.
10. Norway's new passport was designed by competition.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.