10 things we didn't know last week
1. People tend to unconsciously sniff their hands after a handshake.
2. The full name of Super Mario's pet dinosaur Yoshi is T Yoshisaur Munchakoopas.
3. A swarm of red bees was responsible for the discovery of New York's biggest marijuana farm.
4. BBC Chief International Correspondent Lyse Doucet once curled at provincial level in Canada.
5. During the Nazi occupation of France, Wallis Simpson got American diplomats to rescue her favourite Nile green swimsuit from the Windsors' rented villa on the Cote d'Azur.
6. Dogs are less stressed when classical music is played to them.
7. An athlete named Reg Spiers posted himself from London, UK, to Perth, Australia in the mid-1960s in a wooden crate.
8. King Arthur may have been Glaswegian.
9. Fewer large US companies are run by women than by men named John.
10. Lions can open car doors.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.