10 things we didn't know last week
1. Tinder users are given a secret rating that only Tinder can see.
2. A kangaroo can appear as though it's mourning for its dead mate when in fact it's trying to have sex with it.
3. Samosas are officially considered a luxury in the Indian state of Bihar.
4. There's a mathematical formula for slicing pizza equally if some people eating it don't like the toppings in the middle.
5. A crocodile the size of a bus used to live in what is now the Sahara desert.
6. The Ku Klux Klan didn't always wear hoods.
7. The older a person gets, the less likely they are to understand sarcasm.
8. Dogs can recognise human emotions.
9. Major Tom from David Bowie's Space Oddity (and Ashes To Ashes) may have been named after Tom Major, the father of prime minister John Major.
10. You get free anti-slip shoe covers if you are over 70 and live in the Finnish town of Ypaja.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.