Top toys for Christmas revealed
Dolls linked to films and TV programmes dominate a list of top toys for Christmas produced by an industry body.
Fireman Sam and Buzz Lightyear both feature in the leading dozen items picked out by the Toy Retailers' Association.
Licensed sales now represent 26% of total toy sales, up 5% in the year to August, the group said.
But there remains room in the list for more traditional games such as Lego and Monopoly.
The association's prediction of the Christmas best-sellers range in price from £19.99 to £84.99.
The more technologically-advanced toys include children's video cameras and electric guitars.
"The technological advancements used in many of the toys we reviewed this year were simply amazing, and demonstrate how forward thinking manufacturers are, in what has been a challenging yet extremely positive year for the toy industry," said Gary Grant, who sat on the selection panel.
Toy puppies and dolls are most likely to be popular among girls, the panel said, with war toys more keenly snapped up for boys.
The full list of the predicted Christmas best-sellers is:
- City Airport (£84.99)
- Fireman Sam Deluxe Fire Station Playset (£29.99)
- FurReal Go Go Walking Pup (£59.99)
- Jet Pack Buzz Lightyear (£39.99)
- Kidizoom VideoCam (£59.99)
- Monopoly Revolution (£29.99)
- Moon Dough Barn (£19.99)
- Nerf N Strike Stampede ECS (£54.99)
- Paper Jamz Guitar (£24.99)
- "Pumpaloons" - action game (£19.99)
- Sylvanian Families Motorcycle and Sidecar (£24.99)
- ZhuZhu Grooming Salon (£22.99).