Ed Sheeran to appear on Desert Island Discs
We hope Ed Sheeran's campfire building skills are up to scratch, as he's just been announced as the next Desert Island Discs castaway.
The singer will guest on the long-running BBC Radio 4 programme when it returns for its new series next month.
Sheeran has already recorded his appearance, which will air on Sunday 7 May, with presenter Kirsty Young.
He will choose the eight pieces of music he would most want to have with him if he was stranded on an island.
Sheeran has been going from strength to strength this year, with his latest album Divide topping the charts and its lead single Shape of You enjoying a 13-week reign at number one.
Desert Island Discs has been running for 75 years - an anniversary it celebrated in January with an appearance from David Beckham.
What is Desert Island Discs?
- A famous guest is cast away on a fictional desert island each week
- They can choose eight songs, a book and a luxury item to take with them
- Guests have to choose one of the records they would save if a storm hit the desert island
- The programme is hosted by Kirsty Young, who took over presenting duties from Sue Lawley in 2006
- Desert Island Discs has an on-air audience of 2.8 million