The live page is ending now. To sum up:
- 29 people have been killed and dozens injured in two separate shootings
- Police are treating the attack in Texas as "domestic terrorism"
- They are looking at an anti-immigrant manifesto posted online just before the shooting
- The sister of the gunman in Dayton was among nine people killed
- He was shot dead by police within a minute of opening fire
- Police in Ohio have just said they cannot yet answer the question - why?
You can follow further developments at bbc.com/news