Thanks for joining us for our live updates covering the predicted storm surges and flooding along the east coast of England and icy weather across the rest of the UK.
- Most places have escaped the predicted flooding as a change in wind direction meant the high tide and tidal surge did not hit at the same time.
- Residents evacuated in Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk are being advised they can return to their homes.
- Seventeen severe flood warnings remain in place.
- Forecasters predict another cold day is in store for most of the UK with a chilly north-westerly wind.
- It will stay dry and sunny for most, but wintry showers will blow into Wales and the south-west, soon turning to rain. Some snow showers may affect the far east of the country.