- Cave-stuck teens rescued from cliff in Portsmouth
- Man arrested over Dorset armed robberies and car crash
- Move to relocate A&E provision in Dorset condemned
- Updates from Monday 20 March
- Novelist Jane Austen created fake entries in a marriage register linking herself with two separate men, it has emerged
- A man who threatened two students in Bournemouth with a hypodermic needle and robbed them has been jailed for three years
- Plans for an £80m dinosaur-themed museum in a quarry have been boosted by £37,300 of Heritage Lottery Funding
- A round-the-clock drone unit to help tackle crime is to be used by police in Dorset
- A jetty for the Royal Navy's new aircraft carriers in Portsmouth has been officially named by Princess Anne
- Portsmouth Football Club says the Pompey Supporters Trust would have the final say on any takeover proposals - it comes after a report today claims American billionaire Michael Eisner is interested in buying the club
- Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has taken his squad to Dubai for a warm weather training camp over the international break
- Meanwhile, Bournemouth have had confirmation that young defender Corey Jordan will be out for several months after damaging his knee ligaments during last week's Under 21 friendly win over Sampdoria
- Southampton boss Claude Puel has blamed the club's fixture schedule for their slow start at White Hart Lane yesterday
M27 Hampshire eastbound severe accident, between J5 for A335 Wide Lane and J7 for A334.
M27 Hampshire - One lane closed and very slow traffic on M27 eastbound between J5, A335 (Southampton Airport) and J7, A334 (Hedge End), because of an accident.
To report traffic and travel incidents dial 0330 123 0184 at any time
BBC Weather Watchers
Many thanks to BBC Weather Watchers Emma, "lizbiz" and Sheila for their pictures of windsurfers at Mudeford, Dorset, damp cobwebs in Hythe, Hampshire, and grey skies and brisk waves at Totland on the Isle of Wight.Copyright: EmmaCopyright: lizbizCopyright: Sheila
The Portsmouth News is reporting that a billionaire is interested in taking over the League 2 side.
James Ward-Prowse says he will use his time with the England squad to improve as a player but the midfielder also insists he is ready to take his chance if it comes this week.
The uncapped Southampton man has been named in Gareth Southgate's squad for the matches against Germany and Lithuania and told a press conference he is determined to make his mark should he be selected.
Saints team-mate Nathan Redmond, who has represented England's Under-21s 34 times, has also been called up by SouthgateCopyright: PAQuote Message: It's obviously an incredibly proud feeling for me. It's always been a life-long ambition and a career ambition to reach the senior squad. I think it's every young player's dream to play for England and to be given that opportunity and chance to represent your country and do everyone proud is a great honour. Should the chance come this week, I'll be ready to take it." from James Ward-Prowse
A jetty for the Royal Navy's new aircraft carriers in Portsmouth has been officially named by Princess Anne.Copyright: Royal Navy
The Princess Royal Jetty has been strengthened to accommodate the 65,000-tonne Queen Elizabeth class carriers.
Formerly known as Middle Slip Jetty, the 90-year-old structure has been upgraded over the past 18 months.
After the naming ceremony, the princess met bomb disposal experts who have dealt with World War Two bombs unearthed during dredging work.
BBC Radio Berkshire newsreader
Work on a movie version of TV series Downton Abbey, which is filmed at Highclere Castle on the Berkshire/Hampshire border, should start this year, according to star Jeremy Swift.
He plays the butler Septimus Spratt and told ITV's Lorraine: "There is a film script which we've all been sent but it disappeared in a Mission Impossible-stylee from our emails. With a little puff."
He also said no date has been set yet as many of the cast are working on other projects.Copyright: Press Association
Plans for a new hotel and extra care houses and apartments in Sherborne have been revised leading to a delay in a planning decision, the developer has said.Copyright: Quantum Group
Developer Quantum Group said the move followed concerns raised by the conservation and landscape officers over the proposals for the former Sherborne Hotel site on Horsecastles Lane, which were submitted to West Dorset District Council in November .
The changes, which will be submitted this month and go out to further public consultation, include a reduction of extra care housing from 38 to 37, a "small reduction" in the height of the extra care apartment building, as well as increased tree planting and landscape "screening".
Previous plans to build a Tesco on the site prompted protests led by former Blue Peter presenter Valerie Singleton.