- Winchester and Basingstoke hospitals cancel 100 operations
- Line-up announced for Southampton's Common People
- Appeal after cat shootings in Bournemouth
- Swan causes chaos on M27 motorway
- Christchurch Borough Council's leader and deputy have been ousted by their colleagues after a vote of no confidence
- A traffic camera has captured the moment an officer chased a swan down the M27 in Hampshire
- A motorist has had a fine for parking over the line of a bay overturned after he proved the spaces were "too small"
- People are being asked for their views on scrapping free seaside seats for the over 60s in Weymouth
- Eastleigh are offering free entry to fans for tonight's National League fixture against Macclesfield Town - the Spitfires haven't won a home game since the 25th October
- In the National League South this evening Gosport Borough travel to relegation rivals Truro City
- Sutton United reserve goalkeeper, and former Saints traineee, Wayne Shaw has resigned from the club following a stunt involving a pie last night
- Dorset-trained racehorse Thistlecrack has been ruled out of next month's Cheltenham Gold Cup
Cheltenham Gold Cup favourite Thistlecrack has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a slight tendon tear.Copyright: Getty Images
The Dorset-trained nine-year old won his first four starts over fences, including a three-length victory over Cue Card in the King George VI Chase on Boxing Day.
"The vet scanned him this morning and it's a slight tendon tear," said trainer Colin Tizzard.
"We've seen it at every yard and it happens every year."
- Copyright: BBC
The 34-year-old suffered a serious head injury in the shooting on Athena Avenue, Crookhorn, on 13 February.
Two Surrey men, aged 30 and 21, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and conspiracy to supply Class A drugs, but have since been released without charge.
Police said they would face no further action "at this stage".
From the Superdome to St Mary's - the New Orleans Saints quarterback and Super Bowl winner, Drew Brees, has a message for Southampton's very own Saints ahead of the EFL Cup Final this coming Sunday.
As work continues to revamp Dorchester's old court building where the Tolpuddle Martyrs faced trial in 1834, here's some more information about the six farm labourers who formed the first trade union:
- Farmhand George Loveless and five fellow workers; his brother James Loveless, James Brine, James Hammett, John Standfield and Thomas Standfield, met under a tree in 1834 to form a "friendly society" to protest against their meagre pay of six shillings a week
- They were arrested for the crime of swearing an oath of secrecy and sentenced to seven years' transportation to an Australian penal colony
- After the sentence was pronounced, popular opinion swung in support of the men. There was a demonstration in London and an 800,000-strong petition was delivered to Parliament
- The government eventually relented and the men returned home with free pardons
- The village hosts the annual Tolpuddle Martyrs Festival each July in their honour
Source: Tolpuddle Martyrs Museum
M3 Hampshire southbound severe disruption, at J9 for A34.
M3 Hampshire - M3 lane closed on exit slip road and heavy traffic southbound at J9, A34 (Winnal Roundabout), because of a broken down vehicle.
To report traffic and travel incidents dial 0330 123 0184 at any time
Work to transform the court building where the Tolpuddle Martyrs faced trial in 1834 into a tourist attraction is "on track", a council has said.Copyright: BBC
The basement of Dorchester's Grade-I listed Shire Hall has been excavated and the results of an archaeologist's report are awaited, West Dorset District Council said.
A spokesman said some old bottles and keys (pictured below) had been uncovered "but nothing of any museum grade interest".
"We are on track to finish all the work to the building by the end of January 2018 and to open to the public in March 2018," he added.
The trial of the six farm labourers is perhaps the best-known case in the early history of trade unions.Copyright: Shire Hall/WDDC