By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer
By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer
AFC Bournemouth striker Josh King has signed a new four-year contract, BBC Radio Solent reports.
A man has been treated in hospital for a serious eye injury after a "noxious substance" was squirted in his face, police in Portsmouth said.
The 33-year-old was standing at a bus stop in Commercial Road on Sunday night when a cyclist approached and assaulted him.
Police said four youths may have witnessed the assault, which happened between 00:30 and 01:00 BST.
The suspect, a black youth in his mid-teens or early 20s, was wearing a black hooded top with a white logo, tied up over his face.
Police believe a wanted man who failed to show up to his own trial seven months ago may be staying in Bournemouth.
Luciano Dent, 30, failed to appear at his burglary hearing at Isle of Wight Crown Court on 27 January.
He was found guilty the following month in his absence and the case was adjourned for sentencing.
Dent, from Freshwater, is described as a 6ft white man of slim build with short black hair. Hampshire Constabulary said he may also now have grown a beard.
A driver who caused a head-on collision in the New Forest injuring a young family has been disqualified for 12 months and ordered to do 180 hours of unpaid work.
Tom Chilcott, 28, of Hangersley Hill, New Forest, overtook a vehicle just before a bend at Burley Street on 14 August 2016, Bournemouth Crown Court heard.
He collided with an oncoming Skoda, causing bruising to the five occupants including three young girls and suffering minor injuries himself.
PC Alex Tack said: "Chilcott made an extremely poor decision that saw a young family caught up in a terrifying collision."
Guy Fawkes was captured in the cellars underneath Parliament with a lantern, now on display in Oxford.
Delays caused by signalling failures at Waterloo are easing, BBC South transport correspondent Paul Clifton has said.
South Western Railway has said all lines are now open, following the problems earlier today.
The station was due to come back into full use this morning following an £800m project in August to increase capacity.
An orange truck used for surfacing roads - one of only around six of its kind in the country - has been stolen from a lay-by.
The £25,000 Multicar vehicle was parked in London Road, Portsmouth, when thieves took it as some point between 15:30 and 18:00 BST on Thursday.
PC Neil Nancarrow, of Hampshire Constabulary, said: “This is a rare and distinctive vehicle so we are hoping that if anyone has seen it since Thursday, they will remember and be able to pass us those details.
“The photograph we have issued is of an identical vehicle, so please take a good look and let us know if you have seen one with the registration ending AJU."
The Gunpowder Plotter was captured underneath Parliament with a lantern, now on display in Oxford.
Warning: Distressing content
A CCTV image has been released of a man police want to speak to in connection with a sexual assault in Bournemouth.
A woman in her 20s was touched inappropriately outside the Richmond Park Arms in Charminster Road at about 18:30 BST on Tuesday 22 August, Dorset Police said.
The force said the attacker was described as being a 5ft 8ins Turkish or Greek man with messy dark, greying hair.
A 22-year-old man died in a one-vehicle crash in Berkshire yesterday morning.
The man, who had been driving a BMW 3 Series on Riding Court Road in Langley, was pronounced dead at the scene after emergency services were called at about 04:30 BST.
A passenger, another 22-year-old man, suffered serious head injuries. Police said he was in a serious but stable condition.
BBC Radio Devon
A four-year-old boy who was found dead in a swimming pool at an activity centre in north Devon was from Weymouth, police said.
The boy was found in the swimming pool at Knapp House in Northam, near Bideford, on Monday afternoon.
Devon and Cornwall Police said: "The boy, who was from Weymouth, had been on holiday in the area with family."
Police said the death was "being treated as unexplained".
Thousands of people have signed a petition against the closure of a music venue in the centre of Oxford.
St Michael's and All Saints' Charities, the landlord for The Cellar, has submitted an application to redevelop it.
The venue described it as "devastating news" for the Oxford music scene and said it "represents the continued erosion of independent music venues by big business".
More than 4,000 people have signed the petition.
Ronan Munro, editor of local music magazine Nightshift, said: "The Cellar is a launch pad for every new generation of bands.
"The venue remains a massively supportive place for young musicians to learn their trade and maybe go on and become the next big name we can be proud of.
"The Cellar is integral to the history of Oxford, but equally so to its future and to lose it would diminish Oxford's culture immensely."
Plans for a 885-room hall of residence for Oxford Brookes students have been submitted.
The blocks would be built on land once occupied by Cowley Barracks off James Wolfe Road next to Paul Kent Hall, another university residence.
They would range from three to five stories high, according to documents submitted to Oxford City Council.
The site would be operated by Unite Students and the application is supported by Oxford Brookes.