- Updates on Monday 29 May
That's it from us for another day but we'll be back from 08:00 on Tuesday with more news, sport, travel and weather updates for the North West of England.
In the meantime, look out for updates from our colleagues across the BBC, which will be published here automatically across the weekend.
Music venues across Europe will hold a minute's silence and a minute's noise to remember the victims of the Manchester attack and show "we will not be silenced", the organisers of the moment have said.
The event, called #oneminuteformanchester and suggested by the Music Venue Trust, will see gig venues fall silent at 21:59 before making "as much noise as possible" at 22:00.
Club venues will hold the same tribute, but at the later times of 23:59 and 00:00.
There has been an increase in "hate incidents" in the days following the Manchester attack, the city's police force has said.
Greater Manchester Police's Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said the number had doubled in the past few days but police were not "directly" linking the incidents to Monday's attack.
He said:Quote Message: Manchester has come together this week and it is important we continue to stand together, particularly in relation to hate-filled views that have no place in Greater Manchester.Quote Message: Sadly, we have seen an increase in reports of hate incidents from 28 on Monday, which is what we receive on an average day, to 56 on Wednesday this week. We can’t directly link these to the events of Monday night and are continuing to monitor the situation.Quote Message: I have sent a personal message out to all the faith leaders and places of worship today and have thanked them for the support they have shown and stressed that hate crime will not be tolerated.
The three Manchester Arena shows which Take That postponed in the aftermath of the attack there on Monday will be combined into one concert at the Etihad Stadium, the band has announced.
In a statement, the group said that following the "tragic events" at the arena, the new show would take place on 18 June.
They added:Quote Message: This concert has been organised with a very short turn around thanks to the incredible support and professionalism of Manchester City Football Club, Manchester City Council, the emergency services and the staff and box offices of Manchester Arena and their ticket agents.
The mother of Martyn Hett, one of the 22 people killed in the Manchester Arena bomb attack, has said she has only happy memories of her son.Copyright: Hett family
Figen Murray said:Quote Message: I don't feel the need to be upset and cry. When I think of Martyn, all I can think of is smiling because I have so many fond and happy memories.Quote Message: Martyn was an experience. He was an icon, he was a diva.
Mrs Murray also said she feels no emotions towards her son's killer, Salman Abedi.
She said:Quote Message: I have no feelings of hate or anger at all because I don't think this person deserves any of those emotions. I'm staying with my positivity for Martyn.
She added that Martyn had been due to tleave on a two-month trip to America and had held a farewell party last week, so "in a way, he has said goodbye to everybody he loves and cares about".
A Merseyside school attended by a victim of the Manchester attack is to stay open during half-term next for any pupils who need counselling.Copyright: BBC
Megan Hurley, 15, who attended Halewood Academy, was one of the 22 people killed after the Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena on Monday.
Principal Gary Evans said:Quote Message: This has been a devastating time for staff, students and parents. This has been a huge loss to all of us.
Mr Evans said staff had volunteered to work during their week off, alongside health professionals and counsellors for any pupils who needed support.
Blackpool Supporters' Trust (BST) will continue their boycott of Blackpool matches by not going to Wembley for Sunday's League Two play-off final.
BST have not attended home matches at Bloomfield Road this season in protest at the ownership of the Oyston family.
Blackpool will secure a return to League One if they beat Exeter.
"I'm really torn here as this is the first play-off final I've not been to for over a quarter of a century," said BST chairman Steve Rowland.
He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "Sadly, the majority of fans won't be going this year but we'll still be hoping the team wins, obviously.
"I think they'll be lucky to get 5,000 fans going to the game. The majority will be watching in pubs."
American rock band Kiss have cancelled their gig in Manchester next week.Copyright: Getty Images
They were due to play the Manchester Arena - which is currently closed - on Tuesday as part of the KISS’ Kissworld Tour.
They posted this message on their website:Copyright: KISSONLINE
And in a statement, the four members of the band said:Quote Message: We are heartbroken by the atrocity committed against the innocent victims of Manchester.Quote Message: We sadly will not to be able to play Manchester Arena on 30 May.Quote Message: We have always looked forward to these shows and our local fans, but in light of recent events a cancelled rock show seems of such little consequence.Quote Message: Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those affected and all the people of Manchester at this difficult time. We are with you and you are in our prayers.
BBC Lancashire Sport
Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer says Sunday's play-off final is reward for his players efforts this season.
The Seasiders play Exeter at Wembley, with the winners promoted to League One.
BBC Radio Lancashire is live at Wembley from 14:00 on Sunday.
Lots of sunshine this afternoon with highs of 27C. Clear but muggy night ahead.
M6 Lancashire northbound severe disruption, at J29 for M65.
M6 Lancashire - M6 lane closed on entry slip road and heavy traffic northbound at J29, M65 (Lostock Hall).
To report traffic and travel incidents dial 0330 123 0184 at any time
Police have arrested a man in the Moss Side area of Manchester in connection with Monday's attack at the city's Arena venue that killed 22 people.Copyright: Getty Images
He is one of eight men - aged between 18 and 38 - now in custody on suspicion of terror offences, police have said.
Police believe Manchester-born bomber Salman Abedi, from a family of Libyan origin, acted as part of a network.
His older brother, Ismail Abedi, 24, is among 10 people to have been arrested in the UK. Two were later released.
A 16-year-old boy and a 34-year-old woman were the two released without charge.
Libyans living in Manchester are "devastated and ashamed" of the arena terror attack, a community leader has told the BBC.Copyright: BBC
Police believe Manchester-born suicide bomber Salman Abedi, 22, acted as part of a network.
He was born on New Year's Eve to Libyan parents who fled their home country as opponents of Colonel Gaddafi's regime.
Mohamed Abdul Malek of Manchester's human right's Libya Watch group said: "The Libyan community is devastated."