- MPs heard an urgent question regarding the the franchise competition for the East Coast Mainline.
- Scotland Secretary Alistair Carmichael made a statement on the Smith Commission.
- There was also a statement on Afghanistan and Leader of the House William Hague announced forthcoming business in the Business Statement.
- Backbench business debates were on inequality and the progress of the historic child sex abuse inquiry.
- The House of Lords heard statements on the Smith Commission and East Coast Mainline, after oral questions.
- Debates in the Lords were on the role of religion and belief in British public life; the impact of the National Lottery and the case for arts education in schools.