- MPs sat from 11.30 GMT and the day began with questions to the ministerial team at the Northern Ireland Office.
- At noon, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg stood in for David Cameron at prime minister's questions.
- There was an urgent question from Yvette Cooper on the resettlement of vulnerable Syrian refugees.
- Then there was a statement by Education Secretary Nicky Morgan on preparing young people for the world of work: Tristram Hunt replied for Labour.
- MPs then turned their attention to the Stamp Duty Land Tax Bill at second reading. After that, MPs considered Lords amendments to the Wales Bill.
- Peers began their day with oral question to government ministers
- Peers debated both statements made in the House of Commons as government ministers repeated them in the House of Lords.
- The Modern Slavery Bill completed its committee stage in the House of Lords.