- The third day of the December plenary session began at 08.00 GMT.
- The morning session saw a debate on the EU leaders' summit beginning in Brussels tomorrow.
- After that, Parliament President Martin Schulz awarded the LUX film prize to Polish director Paweł Pawlikowski.
- The voting session from saw the approval of the 2015 and amending 2014 EU budgets, and of a resolution calling for Palestine to be eventually recognised as a state.
- MEPs then debated what role EU countries might have played in facilitating CIA interrogation techniques of terror suspects after the 9/11 attacks, and the recent arrest of journalists in Turkey.
- The evening session saw debate on a wide-ranging trade deal that the EU signed with Georgia in June this year, ahead of a ratification vote tomorrow.
- Business closed with Council and Commission statements on the co-called "Kartoum Process", an anti-trafficking initiative launched last month.
- Text can be slow to load on these pages. Please hit refresh (F5) if live text does not appear below.