- The sitting began at 16.00 BST with a debate on a new EU law that would make it obligatory for all new car and light van models to be fitted with emergency call devices from March 2018 (Key Video)
- After that, MEPs debated a resolution to be put to the vote on Wednesday calling on the Commission to draw up a new strategy to combat alcohol abuse in 2016-2020.
- MEPs then debated an EU compact with Bangladesh signed after the Rana Plaza factory collapse in 2013.
- The evening saw MEPs debate an EU management plan for stocks of cod, herring and sprat in the Baltic Sea and a package of laws to give legal certainty to fishermen carrying out a ban on fish discards.
- The sitting closed with presentations of resolutions on the Bologna Process, measures to help European filmmakers and renewal of the EU's forests strategy.