- The sitting opened at 14.00 BST with points of order and approval of the day's agenda.
- After that, MEPs debated the EU response to Europe's migration crisis with deputy Commission chief Frans Timmermans.
- This was followed by discussion of this month’s UN summit on sustainable development.
- At the voting session from 18.00 BST, MEPs approved a resolution on what legislation the Commission should be proposing next year.
- This was followed by a debate on proposed changes to the EU's Emissions Trading System and scheme for labelling the energy efficiency of household appliances.
- MEPs then debated the plummeting prices for farming products in much of the EU, with Agriculture Commissioner Phil Hogan.
- The sitting closed with a round of short topical speeches.