We're now pausing our live coverage of the latest developments in and around Afghanistan - thanks for staying with us.
Just to recap, here are the main headlines in the past 24 hours:
- The Taliban are becoming increasingly violent against protesters in Afghanistan, the UN warns
- The second flight to carry civilians since the US withdrawal leaves Kabul airport for Qatar
- Millions of Afghans could lose access to essential healthcare as more than 2,000 facilities in the country are at risk of closing, the World Health Organization warns
- In the UK, the chief of the MI5 security agency says the Taliban's takeover is likely to have "emboldened" home terrorists
- The 20-year conflict in Afghanistan was a result of the 9/11 attacks in the US. Tomorrow, the world is marking the 20th anniversary so be sure to keep across all our platforms for the coverage
You can still follow all the latest developments on major news stories on the BBC News website.