We are bringing our live coverage of the bridge collapse in Genoa to a close. Here's a recap of what we know:
- At least 35 people were killed in the collapse, emergency officials say
- A section of the bridge dozens of metres long came down in stormy weather
- Rescuers are still trying to free people trapped under rubble or in vehicles
- Interior Minister Matteo Salvini promised that anyone found to be responsible for the bridge collapse would be held to account
- The motorway's operator said there was "no reason to consider the bridge was dangerous"
- But a structural engineer who lives nearby warned two years ago the bridge had "errors", Italian media report.