Here's a summary of the latest developments:
In Haiti, more than 800 people were killed earlier this week
- In Haiti, more than 800 people have died
- In the US state of Florida, four deaths have been reported, with more than a million left without power
- Hurricane Matthew is now moving northward just off the coast of Georgia
- Flooding could be severe in coastal areas of Georgia and also South Carolina
- Meteorologists predict the weakening of the storm over the next 48 hours
You can follow all the latest updates on this and other stories on the BBC News website.
Thanks for staying with us!