That wraps up our live coverage of one of the most gripping set-pieces of political theatre on Capitol Hill in many years.
In today's highlights:
- Referring to the president's claim that he was fired because he was incapable of leading the FBI, Comey accused Trump of telling "lies, plain and simple"
- Comey said he took meticulous notes of his meetings with Trump because he was concerned the president would lie about them. "I was honestly concerned that he might lie," he said
- Comey said he had "no doubt" that he was fired by Trump to "change" the Russia investigation, and called his sacking a "very big deal"
- Comey said he had no doubt that Russia meddled in the US election, but said there was no evidence that it had successfully altered any votes
- Regarding Trump's tweeted threat that he had taped Comey in the Oval Office, Comey was unconcerned. "Release all the tapes, I’m good with it," he said
- Comey said he told Trump he was not the subject of an open foreign counter-intelligence investigation
Read more in our main story here;
And don't miss our analysis on what questions remain after Mr Comey's testimony.