We're wrapping up our live coverage of today's developments in the Russia investigation.
Here's a summary of what happened:
- Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos admits to lying to the FBI about contacts with Russians
- The charges against Papadopoulos are the first to be brought by Robert Mueller, the special counsel investigating alleged links between Russia and the Trump campaign
- Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his business associate pleaded not guilty to charges of money laundering unrelated to the 2016 election
- Manafort was freed on a $10m bond and Gates was released on a $5m bond. Both men are under house arrest until their next court appearance
- White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said the charges against Manafort have nothing to do with the White House
- Sanders said Papadopoulos's role as a foreign policy adviser was "extremely limited" and a "volunteer position"