Lucas Dobson, six, fell into the River Stour in Kent on Saturday and has not been seen since.Read more
Charley Bickers returns to his grandfather's base where he flew a Spitfire as a double amputee.
A 17-year-old boy has been charged with attempted murder while eight others have also been charged in connection with a stabbing in Ramsgate in May.
A man in his 20s was stabbed in his neck and shoulder at about 03:00 BST on Sunday 12 May and was taken to a London Hospital for treatment.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has also been charged with grievous bodily harm and violent disorder.
Eight others were charged with grievous bodily harm and violent disorder.
The Argus: East Grinstead pervert used phone to spy on women in toilet
Kent Online: Driver arrested after vehicle driven the wrong way on the A2
Get Surrey: Nurse traumatised after rocks thrown at car twice while driving on M3
Chichester Observer: Man wanted in connection with serious assault could be in Selsey
Eastbourne Herald: Long-awaited Eastbourne community centre is opening soon
Crawley and Horley Observer: Wasp warning for Sussex with huge numbers of the insects active in late summer
Worthing Herald: Georgina Gharsallah: police treat Worthing mother's disappearance as homicide
Mid Sussex Times: Deliveroo set to launch in Haywards Heath
Brighton and Hove News: Ambulance services comes out of special measures
Hastings Observer: Hastings hero is honoured with blue plaque unveiling
Brighton and Hove Independent: Call for road safety measures on busy Brighton road
The Argus: Burglars chased by heroic neighbour at hairdressers in Brighton
Kent Online: Man stabbed in his car
Get Surrey: Legal and General House in Kingswood may be redeveloped as retirement village
Chichester Observer: Haystack catches fire in Tangmere
Eastbourne Herald: ‘An accident waiting to happen’: Eastbourne residents fume over new bus lane
Crawley and Horley Observer: 'Several thousands of pounds' worth of property stolen in burglaries near East Grinstead
Worthing Herald: Worthing charity run returns in aid of rare cancer research
Mid Sussex Times: Burgess Hill care home rated ‘inadequate’ for third time
Brighton and Hove News: King Alfred is dead! Crest Nicholson pulls out of Hove seafront project
Hastings Observer: Father’s bike ride from Battle to Bruges for hospital, which saved son’s life
Brighton and Hove Independent: Brighton man jailed for sex offences against small children
Local Democracy Reporter
The Bluewater shopping centre is set to become home to a giant adventure centre and zip-wire complex, despite scores of objections from people living nearby.
Dartford Borough Council's planners have approved the proposal, which will be built in the cliffs and surrounding parkland around the shops complex in Greenhithe, Kent.
The council received 71 letters of objection, mainly relating to noise, parking and environmental impact.
A resident who addressed the planning meeting said she feared "screaming, shouting and flying people there every day" and warned it could prove a distraction to road users in the area.
But Brian Phelps, managing director of Hangloose Adventure, the firm behind the scheme, said health and safety advice would be given to all participants and a minibus would transport them to the site.
Mr Phelps, who runs a similar initiative at Cornwall's Eden Project, said: "We are not an amusement park. It’s a good news story for the community and environment and we have subsidised rates for schools and special sessions for disabled mobility."
Unemployment in the South East was 2.9% in the three months ending June 2019.
The UK’s unemployment rate edged up slightly to 3.9%. Employment was estimated at 76.1%, the joint highest since comparative records began in 1971.
Wage growth also picked up to 3.9%, the highest rate for 11 years, however figures released last week showed the economy shrank 0.2% in the second quarter, the first fall since 2012.
Read more: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49328855
BBC Live reporter
Medals from both world wars have been stolen from a house in Sittingbourne.
The collection includes three World War One campaign medals, a long service medal and a war medal from HMS Swift, some engraved with the name Arthur Stelfox.
The later medals are General Service medals, a 1939-45 star, an Italian star and a North African star.
They were stolen on 3 August.
A 40-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary.
A man has been arrested over the theft of a number of war medals from a 106-year-old veteran.
Leslie Stelfox served in the 7th Armoured Division better known as the Desert Rats.
The World War Two medals were stolen from Mr Stelfox's home in Sittingbourne on Saturday.
The medals have not yet been traced, Kent Police said.
His grandson Lee Stelfox said the medals - which include General Service, the 1945 Star, Italian Star and North Africa Star - hold no value in terms of money but are hugely sentimental to his grandfather.
A 40-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday.
A £3,000 reward is being offered in the search for a convicted murderer on the run.
Joseph Bagley, 66, was jailed in 1978 for the killing of a taxi driver. He had been released on licence in Maidstone, Kent, but breached his curfew in May and has not been seen since.
Crimestoppers say he is considered dangerous and he is likely to have changed his appearance.
A forensic artist has compiled a number of images of how Bagley may look while people are advised not to approach him if spotted.
Officers investigating a fatal crash near Ashford have renewed their appeal for witnesses.
The two car collision took place on the A251 in Boughton Aluph near to the junction with Wye Road, at around 15.30 BST on Wednesday 31 July.
Police are now appealing for the occupants of a green Audi car, seen in the area at the time, to come forward as they may have new information.
The crash happened between a black Vauxhall Corsa, which was travelling south towards Ashford, and a black VW Passat heading in the opposite direction.
A woman in her 60s died at the scene, and a man was taken to a hospital where he is still being treated.
A further five people received medical treatment.
Sgt Peter Greaves, of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “We still want to speak to anyone who may have been in the area at the time of the collision, in particular those who were reportedly travelling in a green Audi in the Canterbury direction, as they may have information which could assist our investigation.”
A man was reportedly slashed in the back with a knife as he walked along a street in Folkestone.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the attack, which happened at around 19:00 BST on Sunday 28 July.
It is believed that a man travelling in a white Volkswagen Polo got out of his car and assaulted a man, who was walking in Sidney Street.
Officers arrested a 26-year-old from Tooting on suspicion of assault the following evening.
He has since been released, pending further enquiries.
Police believe a number of people witnessed the assault, and anyone with information is asked to call Kent Police.
The Argus: This is why seagulls act drunkenly on flying ant day
Kent Online: Rural crime hits Kent worse than anywhere else in UK
Get Surrey: Roadworks planned for the M25, M3, A3 and A31 for the week ahead
Chichester Observer: Felpham restaurant to be converted into cottages
Eastbourne Herald: Man assaulted woman at Eastbourne and sent threatening texts
Crawley and Horley Observer: See Gatwick Airport’s new £24 million arrivals area for domestic flights
Worthing Herald: Life-saving defibrillator installed at Fishersgate Park
Mid Sussex Times: Police hunt for man in connection with Hassocks burglary
Brighton and Hove News: Brighton Pride ends with 44 arrests
Hastings Observer: Hastings Beach left in disgusting state over weekend
Brighton and Hove Independent: Man's death in Hove is unexplained
Alice, 16, has Usher syndrome and started losing her eyesight two years ago.
There have been 26,800 government-funded trees planted in Swale between 2010 and 2018, Forestry Commission data shows.
This works out at 183 trees per 1,000 people.
Between 2010 and 2018 the government funded about 15 million trees in England. Figures for trees planted with private funds or by local councils are not included and the data only covers new trees, not replacements for any that were cut down.
Overall tree planting rates across the UK would need to more than double to combat rising temperatures and climate change, according to official figures.
Last year 13,400 hectares of new trees were planted across the UK, most of them in Scotland, but the Committee on Climate Change says this should rise to at least 30,000 hectares a year.
Campaign group The Woodland Trust said more trees were needed to provide summer shade, reduce air pollution, improve water quality and manage flooding.
The government said it had made it "much easier" to apply for planting grants.
This story has been generated using Forestry Commission data, BBC analysis and some automation.
The number of anti-Semitic hate crimes reported to police in Kent has increased year-on-year between 2015 and 2019, figures show.
A total of 56 such hate crimes were recorded by Kent Police in the last four years, a Freedom of Information (FOI) request made by the Local Democracy Reporting Service has revealed.
Nearly 40% of the hate crimes were reported between January 2018 and January 2019. In 2015 there were no recorded incidents.
Kent Police and Crime Commissioner,Matthew Scott, said: “Greater numbers of victims coming forward to report to Kent Police is indicative of a greater trust in policing to take the issue seriously, but of course there is always more that can be done.”
The data shows a total of 13 anti-Semitic hate crimes were reported to Kent Police between January 2016 and January 2017 and 18 were recorded in the same period between 2017 and 2018.
A Shih Tzu has been fitted with a 3D-printed replacement jaw during a revolutionary procedure carried out by a Kent vet.
Eight-year-old Poppet was a rescue dog whose lower jaw was broken on both sides.
Dr Ryk Botes, based at Medivet Faversham, felt that the only way to properly fix the dog’s jaw was to attempt a partial jaw replacement.
The one-hour procedure was a success and Poppet is now a "completely different dog".
BBC Live reporter
During the first week of a national firearms surrender 26 firearms have been handed in to police stations in Kent.
The two-week initiative offers people the opportunity to dispose of unwanted or illegally held guns and ammunition, including stun guns, pepper spray, BB guns, component parts and other ballistic items.
It is running until Saturday 6 August.
During this period, those surrendering firearms will not face prosecution for illegal possession, and can remain anonymous.
Among those items handed in were nine air rifles and 14 shotguns.
A total of 124 rounds of ammunition have also been handed in.
Supt Mick Gardner said: "We are pleased that people are thinking about what they have in their possession and bringing them into stations.
"Just one firearm handed in is one firearm taken off the streets and unable to get into the wrong hands."
People who cannot get to a station should call 101 to arrange collection.