Companies who worked on the building had threatened not to give evidence, as it could incriminate them.
Read moreLatest Stories
Two lines between St Pancras and Bedford were closed because of damaged power lines.
Read moreAfter the murder, Reece Dempster told a friend: "I only got a hundred quid - it wasn't even worth it."
Read moreIderval Da Silva, 46, was beaten to death as he tried to stop a group of teenagers stealing his moped.
Read moreMet ranks to rise to 33,000 by 2021 - Cressida Dick

Local Democracy Reporting Service

There will be 33,000 police officers in London by April next year, the head of the Met has said today.
Police Commissioner Cressida Dick said the force would reach 31,500 by spring, and 32,300 by early autumn this year.
Officer numbers in the capital began falling in 2016, and dipped below 30,000 two years ago – the first time since 2003.
Recruitment has since risen with cash from City Hall, with 31,000 officers now in place.
But the Mayor of London and the Met believe the capital needs an extra 6,000 police to tackle high violent crime.
There were more homicides in London last year than any year since 2008, and over 15,000 knife crimes.
Dame Cressida told the London Assembly’s Police and Crime Committee today that the Government’s police settlement would help the Met to reach next year’s 33,000 target.
The Commissioner said it was a “huge achievement” that between 350 and 450 officers were going through training at Hendon police college each month.
Reece Dempster admits killing Dorothy Woolmer after breaking into her home at night.
Read moreRosa (not her real name) describes how she was attacked by convicted terror offender, Sudesh Amman.
Jonathan Holmes
BBC News
Some 300 serving and retired UK firefighters will spend a month helping in areas hit by bushfires.
Read moreA woman describes the moment Sudesh Amman launched his attack in south London on Sunday.
Read moreLondoners with Chinese heritage say they are suffering due to the stigma about the coronavirus.
The nursery school teacher is recovering at home after being stabbed by attacker Sudesh Amman.
Read moreThe Heathrow Airport boss says flying needs to be made more environmentally friendly rather than stopped.
Read moreSarah Lee
BBC News
The normally busy Streatham High Road was quiet on Monday, less than 24 hours after a terror attack.
Read moreTwo buildings are searched as it emerges attacker Sudesh Amman was released from prison last month.
Read moreReece Dempster is accused of killing Dorothy Woolmer after he broke into her home at night.
Read moreTom Edwards
Transport correspondent, London
Could a small grey box on a lamp-post hold the key to changing London's streets?
Read moreLevi Jouavel
Newsbeat reporter
Here's how black police officers are dealing with the stigma, like Love Island's Mike Boateng.
Read moreAFC Wimbledon sign Rotherham United striker Julien Lamy on loan for the rest of the season.
Read moreThe judge at the trial of Keiano Gooden-Josephs describes London knife crime as "depressing".
Read moreOnly basic online training for firefighters since Grenfell - chief

Local Democracy Reporting Service
Most London firefighters have received no face-to-face training on how to respond to a high-rise fire since the Grenfell disaster, senior brigade officers admitted today.
Rank and file firefighters have only received a “basic” online training programme to date – almost three years since the devastating fire destroyed the Grenfell Tower in North Kensington.
A total of 72 people were killed in the June 2017 blaze – but more lives could have been saved if people had been told to evacuate sooner, according to the report from the first phase of the Grenfell Inquiry.
But there was visible shock when newly appointed London Fire Commissioner Andy Roe told London Assembly members that most firefighters have had only “the most basic” training on high-rise fires since the disaster.
And Mr Roe admitted that even this was not delivered until August last year – more than two years after the fire.
Speaking to the Assembly’s fire committee, he said: “We have given what I would consider the most basic provision to our officers which covers the sort of decisions they might have to make, the basic guidance.
“But that needs to be supported and better embedded with changes to operational procedure.”
The new commissioner – who was responsible for scrapping “stay put” advice at Grenfell minutes after he arrived at the fire – said senior officers have received more detailed training.
Gas supplies restored in 100 homes in Richmond
Gas has been restored to 100 households in Richmond, south-west London, overnight but many more remain without any supply since a water main burst a week ago.
Gas supplies were switched off after the leak on 23 January which led to water getting into 35 km (21.7 miles) of gas pipes.
Distributor Cadent said it had pumped out more than 50,000 litres of water from a "big gas main" north of the railway lines overnight and would now be sending down a robotic camera.
"We expect clearing this huge blockage will be a major breakthrough in restoring gas supplies", they said.
However, the firm has warned customers to be "prepared for this to go into the weekend". Further updates can be found here.
Following the initial leak, about 1,200 homes were without any gas while another 600 have had low gas pressures.
London remains a truly global city - Khan
Ahead of Britain's departure from the EU tonight, London Mayor Sadiq Khan has issued this statement:

Filippo Falcone, who was born in Italy, has cooked in the same London restaurant since 1958.
Police say the short-term deployments will check watchlists of suspects wanted for serious crimes.
Read moreCompanies promoted their "unsuitable dangerous products" in the pursuit of money, an inquiry hears.
Read moreThe funeral of Anthony Knott takes place in the church where he was due to get married.
Read moreOne man shot and another stabbed in Enfield
A man was shot and another man was stabbed during what police believe was a fight in north London.
The two victims, both aged 25, were found injured in Alma Road, Enfield, shortly after 18:00 yesterday.
Both were taken to hospital by paramedics. The man who was shot remains in a critical condition while the wounds suffered by the man who was stabbed are not considered life-threatening.
Officers believe they were hurt during an "altercation" between two groups of men and no arrests have been made, the Met said.
London violence 'has cost the capital £3bn'

Violence in London has cost the capital £3bn, a City Hall report has found.
Last year 154 people were murdered in London - the highest since 2008.
Findings suggest only a handful of streets and estates across London are at the heart of rising violence and have "links to deprivation".
Two reports commissioned by City Hall's Violence Reduction Unit suggest deprivation and a lucrative drugs market make some communities particularly vulnerable.
It is suggested that costs in 2018-19 for responding to homicides, violence offences, sexual offences and robbery, together with the loss of economic output was £3bn
This took into account the initial emergency service response, police investigations and the criminal justice process.
Ms Peck will be writing to the government to ask for serious case reviews to be conducted whenever someone is murdered to improve understanding of why it happens.
"We're already investing in a programme to drive down school exclusions, provide greater after-school care for young people and support communities who often know what works best in their areas, but don't have the tools or resources to do as much as we would like," she said.
"The reports will help further our understanding and knowledge and reinforces our approach to focusing our efforts on providing interventions in specific local areas to drive down violence."
Mark Savage
BBC music reporter
The star rises above her injuries, and confesses to being 'horrified' by her dodgy British accent.
Read moreFirms due to appear at the inquiry want a guarantee that what they say won't be used for a prosecution.
Read moreA 16-year-old boy is arrested on suspicion of murdering Louis Johnson at East Croydon station.
Read moreA London household in Band D will pay £332 a year to City Hall under plans set out by the mayor.
Read moreThe venue, which has hosted The Rolling Stones and Oasis, will benefit from business rates relief.
Read moreIt was announced last year the tram driver would not face prosecution for manslaughter.
Read moreThe winners included Mrs Brown's Boys, Jesy Nelson, Sir Michael Palin and of course... Ant and Dec.
The remarkable Turner's Oak in Kew Gardens in London not only survived the Great Storm of 1987, but also changed the way that trees are cared for around the world.
Andy Verity
BBC Economics correspondent
A self-taught British trader has been sentenced for his role in a £1tn US stock market crash.
Read moreBright Akinleye was murdered while on a music video shoot in central London, a court hears.
Read moreEmails suggest companies involved in the tower's refurbishment knew the risk ahead of the fire.
Read morePolice said the attack on the victim, 16-year-old Louis Johnson, lasted 40 seconds.
Read moreThe man is charged following the deaths of three men attacked in Ilford, east London.
Read moreNeil Martinson's pictures of Hackney in the 1970s and 80s.
Read moreKamali Gabbidon-Lynck was stabbed five times in an attack at a Wood Green hair salon.
Read moreCompanies claim what happened was "someone else's fault", the second phase of the inquiry is told.
Read morePolice appeal for the child's mother to get in touch after he was found in a blanket on a doorstep.
Read moreBenita Mehra quit after being linked to the charitable arm of a firm which supplied the block's cladding.
Read moreThe star says she has been "plagued" by injuries since the start of her tour and has been told to rest.
Read moreThe victim is discovered after police are called to a property in north-east London.
Read moreSean Coughlan
Family and education correspondent
Top artist Mark Wallinger has become a school's artist-in-residence to fight for more creativity.
Read moreOne resident says she was given a hat and gloves to keep warm after complaining to the council.
Read more






































