A couple who ended up in hospital after a fire started by a charging e-cigarette said they were "incredibly lucky" it wasn't worse.
Jennifer Brown, 35, and Scot Washington, 34, were at home on Barthomley Crescent, Crewe, on the morning of Friday 31 July when they heard a popping noise from an upstairs bedroom, Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said.
When Mr Washington opened the bedroom door, smoke flooded out and they put the blaze out with nearby bottles of water after their children got out of the house.
The fire service said the pair felt they were lucky only to need hospital treatment after breathing in smoke.
Miss Brown said: "I shudder to think what would have happened had the e-cigarette been put on charge at night when we were all asleep."