By Tim Stokes
Police have arrested two people after a man was stabbed to death in north-west London.
The 48-year-old victim was found fatally injured in Neasden Lane North, Neasden, soon after 21:30 on Monday following calls to police about a "disturbance".
He died at the scene and his next of kin has been informed.
The Met said a 47-year-old man who was found nearby suffering from non-life-threatening injuries had been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Another man, aged 33, was also held on suspicion of murder. He is in custody while the 47-year-old remains in hospital where he is being treated for his injuries.
Appealing for witnesses, Det Ch Insp Tom Williams said: “How events unfolded remains unclear at the moment and we are keeping an open mind as to motive.
“Our team is working hard to capture as much evidence as possible in these crucial first stages and they are here to take your call."
By Steve Swann
Dr Samantha Batt-Rawden says NHS staff are facing "devastating" abuse from coronavirus sceptics.
- Copyright: BBC
Twenty young Londoners are being offered the chance for a three-week paid internship with the Met Police as part of a work experience programme.
The Met Futures work experience scheme is aimed for 16 and 17-year-olds and intends to help them develop skills to give them a head start in their careers.
It will consist of a virtual employability skills training week over the February half term, a two-week work experience placement in April with two sections of the Met, and 10 months of mentoring.
Students will leave the scheme with a leadership (ILM) certificate qualification and will attend a virtual graduation ceremony.
The Met's chief of corporate services, Robin Wilkinson, said: "The Met is one of the largest employers in London and we want to be the employer of choice for young Londoners.
"This Corporate Services internship scheme is one of the ways in which the Met supports young people as they begin their careers."
- Copyright: Met Police
The Met has released an image of a man they are trying to find after four supermarket workers were attacked during a robbery.
The suspect stole four bottles of champagne from a supermarket in Cranbrook Road, Barkingside, between 14:00 and 14:15 on 13 December last year.
As he left the store, he attacked three members of supermarket staff and a security guard, stabbing one of them and breaking the nose of another, the Met said.
Det Con Mohammed Abdullah said: "The CCTV images of the suspect are very clear and I would like help in identifying this man.
"The vicious and unprovoked attacked has had a profound impact on members of staff at the shop and shocked the local community.”
- Copyright: London Fire Brigade
London firefighters have been drafted in to drive ambulances as coronavirus infection rates across the capital continue to soar.
Firefighters have been driving ambulances in the capital since April, and have so far responded to 100,000 incidents whilst driving ambulances with the London Ambulance Service (LAS).
Currently 125 firefighters are helping out, with a further 60 set to be trained and dispatched next week in order to support the LAS and boost their emergency service response.
London Fire Commissioner Andy Roe said the drafting of firefighters to drive ambulances shows "the Brigade continues to be ready, willing and able to do everything possible to combat Covid-19".
The most recent arrangement, put in place over Christmas, has seen over 100 firefighters volunteer to drive ambulances as LAS face one of the busiest times in their history, the London Fire Brigade said.
By Dr Faye Kirkland and Noel Titheradge
The inquests into the deaths of four men murdered by Stephen Port have been postponed.
Anthony Walgate, Gabriel Kovari, Daniel Whitworth and Jack Taylor were drugged, raped and murdered by Port between August 2014 and September 2015 in east London.
The 45-year-old was given a life sentence in 2016.
The inquests were due to start on Thursday.
The coroner, Judge Munro QC, decided to delay proceedings due to the spread of Covid-19.
A pre-inquest review is provisionally listed for 19 January.
A statement issued by Neil Hudgell, the lawyer for the families of the victims, said: "Given the years that have passed you can understand why the families are so disappointed by this delay.
"However, they understand the reasons and stand ready to assist the coroner with her inquiries when the inquest opens.”