7 questions on fashion faux pas
Dame Vivienne Westwood says people have "never looked so ugly" when it comes to clothes. Speaking at London Fashion Week, she blamed disposable fashion for making us look like clones. Does she have a point? You might think so after our worst-dressed quiz.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
"It's always the badly dressed people who are the most interesting." Said who?
- Jean Paul Gaultier
- Quentin Crisp
- Boy George
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Fashion critic Richard Blackwell's annual Ten Worst Dressed Women list became a fashion institution. Which of these has had the dubious distinction of being the only person to top it three times?
- Zsa Zsa Gabor
- Britney Spears
- The Duchess of Cornwall
Richard Blackwell started his list in 1960 and continued releasing it every year until he died in 2008, aged 86. It became such an institution that many viewed the list as a status symbol, saying you hadn't really made it in Hollywood until you had made Mr Blackwell's list.
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Who did Mr Blackwell criticise for wearing "a pretentious fashion folly in a nightmare by Salvador Dali".
- Madonna's conical bra outfit worn on her 1990 Blond Ambition World Tour
- Liz Hurley's safety-pin dress at Four Weddings and a Funeral premiere in 1994
- Bjork and her swan dress at the 2001 Oscars
4.) Multiple Choice Question
Who were voted Britain's worst-dressed professionals in 2011?
- Postal workers
- Kids' TV presenters
- Fast-food workers
5.) Multiple Choice Question
According to Vivienne Westwood, it is not possible for a man to be elegant without a touch of what?
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Who was named the world's worst-dressed man by GQ last month?
- Singer Chris Brown
- Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi
- Rapper Eminem
- Comedian Russell Brand
7.) Multiple Choice Question
He may have topped the list of most stylish men but what does Tinie Tempah consider his worst fashion faux pas?
- Lycra cycling shorts
- Velour tracksuit
- Gold puffa jacket
- It was French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier.
- It's Spears, who topped the list in 2001, 2006, 2007. Gabor topped it in 1963 and 1964, while Cher came first in 1985 and 2000. The Duchess of Cornwall topped it in 1995 and came second in 2007.
- It's Bjork's swan dress. She also took six ostrich eggs to the ceremony and dropped them on the red carpet. Afterwards the singer said the dress was supposed to be amusing and wasn't serious.
- It was teachers, with kids' TV presenters coming second. Teachers topped the poll, commissioned by fashion retailer High and Mighty, for wearing "dirty shirts, threadbare trousers and scuffed shoes".
- It's femininity. The designer also said it was possible to do this through cut alone. "You can say everything you want to through tailoring,'' she told the Independent.
- Chris Brown was named the world's worst-dressed man in the style magazine's latest list, released last month. Rapper Tinie Tempah was named the UK's best-dressed man and actor Michael Fassbender the most stylish international man.
- It's a velour tracksuit, according to a recent interview in the Sun newspaper. "I did it, guys, I can't lie," he said.
0 - 3 : Fashion victim
4 - 6 : Fashion clone
7 - 7 : Fashionista
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).