10 things we didn't know last week
1. Victoria Beckham believes in love at first sight.
2. Mayors in Pakistan can run cities from jail.
3. There's a hidden message from Mussolini under an obelisk in Rome.
4. Elephant numbers in Africa will halve in nine years at current rates of decline.
5. People born underweight are less likely to exercise during their lives.
6. Georgetown University in Washington sold 272 slaves in 1838 to help pay off the school's debts.
7. New Yorkers will pay $56 a month to trim a minute off their commute.
8. A fifth of UK parents regret the names they gave their children.
9. A psychiatric institute in Germany still holds brain parts belonging to victims of the Nazi eugenics campaign.
10. Offering free pizza to employees will motivate them more than offering more cash.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek