|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|James Cleverly||Votes 32,873||header_vote_share 62.8||Net percentage change in seats +9.0|
|Malcolm Fincken||Votes 14,451||header_vote_share 27.6||Net percentage change in seats +9.1|
|Peter Turner||Votes 2,251||header_vote_share 4.3||Net percentage change in seats -0.6|
|Richard Bingley||Votes 1,835||header_vote_share 3.5||Net percentage change in seats -15.3|
|Thomas Pashby||Votes 916||header_vote_share 1.8||Net percentage change in seats -1.4|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and CON majority
Essex County councillor Stephen Canning congratulates two of his fellow Conservatives who've succeeded in holding on to their seats:
James Cleverly is back in for the Conservatives in Braintree, where he's been elected with a majority of more than 18,000.
With all the general election 2017 candidates' nominations papers in, we've collected together links to where you can find full information from the returning officers in the 18 Essex constituencies:
- Basildon and Billericay
- Castle Point
- Epping Forest
- Harwich and North Essex
- Rayleigh and Wickford
- Rochford and Southend East
- Saffron Walden
- South Basildon and East Thurrock
- Southend West
The election takes place on Thursday, 8 June.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 27,071 total votes taken.
- 53.8% share of the total vote
- +1.2% change in share of the votes
- 9,461 total votes taken.
- 18.8% share of the total vote
- +13.8% change in share of the votes
- 9,296 total votes taken.
- 18.5% share of the total vote
- -1.4% change in share of the votes
- 2,488 total votes taken.
- 4.9% share of the total vote
- -13.8% change in share of the votes
- 1,564 total votes taken.
- 3.1% share of the total vote
- +1.7% change in share of the votes
- 295 total votes taken.
- 0.6% share of the total vote
- +0.6% change in share of the votes
- 108 total votes taken.
- 0.2% share of the total vote
- -2.0% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010