Flick Drummond is Hampshire police and crime commissioner's preferred choice for his deputy.Read more
Portsmouth SouthParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Stephen Morgan||Votes 18,290||header_vote_share 41.0||Net percentage change in seats +21.5|
|Flick Drummond||Votes 16,736||header_vote_share 37.6||Net percentage change in seats +2.7|
|Gerald Vernon-Jackson||Votes 7,699||header_vote_share 17.3||Net percentage change in seats -5.0|
|Kevan Chippindall-Higgin||Votes 1,129||header_vote_share 2.5||Net percentage change in seats -10.8|
|Ian McCulloch||Votes 712||header_vote_share 1.6||Net percentage change in seats -5.9|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
- Aldershot: Conservative, Leo Docherty, 26,955 votes
- Basingstoke: Conservative, Maria Miller, 29,510 votes
- Eastleigh: Conservative, Mims Davies, 28,889 votes
- Fareham: Conservative, Suella Fernandes, 35,915 votes
- Gosport: Conservative, Caroline Dinenage, 30,647 votes
- Hampshire East: Conservative, Damian Hinds, 35,263 votes
- Hampshire North East: Conservative, Ranil Jayawardena, 37,754 votes
- Hampshire North West: Conservative, Kit Malthouse, 36,471 votes
- Havant: Conservative, Alan Mak, 27,676 votes
- Isle of Wight: Conservative, Bob Seely, 38,190 votes
- Meon Valley: Conservative, George Hollingbery, 35,624 votes
- New Forest East: Conservative, Julian Lewis, 32,162 votes
- New Forest West: Conservative, Desmond Swayne, 33,170 votes
- Portsmouth North: Conservative, Penny Mordaunt, 25,860 votes
- Portsmouth South: Labour, Stephen Morgan, 18,290 votes
- Romsey and Southampton North: Conservative, Caroline Nokes, 28,668 votes
- Southampton Itchen: Conservative, Royston Smith, 21,773 votes
- Southampton Test: Labour, Alan Whitehead, 27,509 votes
- Winchester: Conservative, Steve Brine, 29,729 votes
Full England results breakdown here.
Labour's Stephen Morgan expresses his surprise in beating sitting Tory MP Flick Drummond in Portsmouth South.
Before she lost her seat, former Portsmouth South MP Flick Drummond told us how she was not a fan of the idea to call a snap election.
She was defeated by Labour's Stephen Morgan, who won almost 19,000 votes.
Digital Editor, BBC South
Here is the latest snapshot of the situation in Hampshire.
- Aldershot - Conservative hold
- Basingstoke - Not declared
- Eastleigh - Conservative hold
- Fareham - Conservative hold
- Gosport - Conservative hold
- Hampshire North East - not declared
- Hampshire North West - Conservative hold
- Havant - Conservative hold
- Isle of Wight - Conservative hold
- Meon Valley - Conservative hold
- New Forest East - Conservative hold
- New Forest West - Conservative hold
- Portsmouth South - Labour gain
- Portsmouth North - Conservative hold
- Romsey and Southampton North - Conservative hold
- Southampton Itchen - Not declared (has had two recounts)
- Southampton Test - Not declared
- Winchester - Conservative hold
- 14,585 total votes taken.
- 34.8% share of the total vote
- +1.6% change in share of the votes
- 9,344 total votes taken.
- 22.3% share of the total vote
- -23.6% change in share of the votes
- 8,184 total votes taken.
- 19.5% share of the total vote
- +5.9% change in share of the votes
- 5,595 total votes taken.
- 13.4% share of the total vote
- +11.2% change in share of the votes
- 3,145 total votes taken.
- 7.5% share of the total vote
- +5.8% change in share of the votes
- 716 total votes taken.
- 1.7% share of the total vote
- +1.7% change in share of the votes
- 235 total votes taken.
- 0.6% share of the total vote
- +0.6% change in share of the votes
- 99 total votes taken.
- 0.2% share of the total vote
- 0.0% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010