Ryan Adams

Ryan Adams cancels entire UK tour

Mark Savage

Music reporter, BBC News

Ryan Adams has cancelled his upcoming tour of the UK, in the wake of allegations of sexual misconduct by the star.

Ryan Adams
Getty Images

Nine dates, including one at the O2 Apollo Manchester, have been scrapped.

Several fans had already sought refunds, saying they could no longer support the artist.

"Full refunds to ticket purchasers will be processed by end of day on Monday," said Ticketmaster in a tweet announcing the news.

Ryan Adams cancels entire UK tour

Ryan Adams
Getty Images

Ryan Adams has cancelled his upcoming tour of the UK, in the wake of allegations of sexual misconduct made against the singer.

Nine dates, including two at London's Royal Albert Hall, have been scrapped and full refunds will be given to ticket holders.

The cancellation comes two weeks after the New York Times published a report containing allegations Adams had exchanged sexually inappropriate messages with a teenage girl.

Adams' lawyer said the singer "unequivocally denies" engaging in inappropriate communications with someone he knew was underage.

Read more.

Ryan Adams: Fans demand money back ahead of UK tour

BBC Radio 4

Ryan Adams
Getty Images

Fans of US singer-songwriter Ryan Adams are demanding their money back ahead of his upcoming UK tour.

Following accusations of sexual misconduct, some fans say they don't want to go to his concerts until the allegations are proven or discounted.

In a recent New York Times report several women also accused him of psychological abuse.

The FBI is looking at whether he sent explicit text messages to an underage teenager, something Adams "unequivocally" denies.

Adams' forthcoming album has been put on hold but tickets for his UK dates are still on sale.

This has left some fans taking to social media to demand a refund from music venues and ticket companies.

View more on twitter
View more on twitter

Answering to tweets for ticketholders, the Royal Albert Hall - where Adams is scheduled to play said "no refunds will be offered" as the gig is still going ahead as planned.

Read more

View more on twitter

Phoebe Bridgers asks men to to call out friends' toxic behaviour

Phoebe Bridgers
Getty Images

The singer-songwriter has released a new statement addressing the allegations of abuse made against fellow singer Ryan Adams.

She was interviewed for a NY Times piece on the alternative rock star, who has been accused of emotional and verbal abuse

Adams has also been accused of offering career opportunities as a pretext for sex.

He has denied all the allegations against him.

Last week, the report in the New York Times outlined a pattern of manipulative behaviour, including accusations of psychological abuse from his ex-wife, Mandy Moore.

Bridgers told the paper Adams reached out to her when she was 20, offering to release her songs on his record label.

Their relationship turned romantic, but Adams became obsessive and manipulative, she claimed.

Writing on Instagram, Bridgers said family and friends told her she was "right to feel weird about it"

Ryan Adams
Getty Images

She wrote: "Ryan had a network too. Friends, bands, people he worked with. None of them held him accountable. They told him, by what they said or by what they didn’t, that what he was doing was okay.

She added: "Guys, if your friend is acting [expletive] up, call them out. If they’re actually your friend, they’ll listen. That’s the way this all gets better."

Another singer Jenny Lewis - who has also worked with Adams - tweeted she had a "professional relationship" but stands with his accusers.

View more on twitter

Ryan Adams: FBI investigates sexually explicit texts

Ryan Adams
Getty Images

The FBI is examining whether Ryan Adams committed a crime by sending sexually-explicit messages to an underage fan.

Their investigation follows a report in the New York Times, in which he was accused of sexual misconduct and abuse by several women.

One of them, identified only as "Ava", showed reporters more than 3000 explicit texts she said she exchanged with the star when she was 15 and 16.

His lawyer has rejected her claims.

"Mr Adams unequivocally denies that he ever engaged in inappropriate online sexual communications with someone he knew was underage," Andrew B Brettler told the New York Times when the story broke on Wednesday.

An unnamed FBI source later told the newspaper it was looking into the allegations, and would seek to interview the woman, who is now 20, before deciding how to proceed.

The original New York Times story contained interviews with several women who said Adams had offered them help with their careers as a pretext for sex.

Model and singer-songwriter Karen Elson also shared a post about her experience with Adams.

View more on instagram

Ryan Adams has denied the claims

Read more.

Ryan Adams accused of sexual misconduct by several women

New York Times

Ryan Adams
Getty Images

Several women have accused the singer of emotional and verbal abuse and of offering career opportunities as a pretext for sex.

A New York Times report outlines a pattern of manipulative behaviour, including accusations of psychological abuse from his ex-wife, Mandy Moore.

Ryan has denied the allegations.

"But the picture that this article paints is upsettingly inaccurate. Some of its details are misrepresented; some are exaggerated; some are outright false. I would never have inappropriate interactions with someone I thought was underage. Period."

View more on twitter
View more on twitter
View more on twitter

Read more.