Goodluck Jonathan accuses the Obama administration of undermining his failed 2015 re-election bid.
Nigeria schoolgirl kidnappings
It's the fourth anniversary tomorrow of the kidnapping of more than 200 Nigerian girls taken from their school in Chibok by Boko Haram militants.
More than 100 of them remain in captivity, including Sarah Samuel, who wrote many of the entries in a diary smuggled out by her friend when she was released last year.
The girls used exercise books, given to them for the Koranic classes they were made to attend, to chronicle some of their experiences.
Last year, journalist Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani spoke to one of freed Chibok girls about how they managed to keep the diary a secret.
Read her account of the Chibok diaries: Chronicling a Boko Haram kidnapping
The father of one of the released Dapchi schoolgirls has described his pain after she was taken away to the capital to meet the president within hours of her return.
After his daughter her was freed from Boko Haram and reunited with her family, the unnamed father told BBC Newsday "the painful thing is you don't seem to have a right over your daughter".
The girls have been flown to the capital, Abuja, where they are due to meet President Muhammadu Buhari.
The father told the BBC:
The army came to our houses and asked us to take them [our daughters] to our hospital and we complied. But after we took them there we were prevented from seeing or talking to them.
The painful thing is you don't seem to have a right over your daughter. Even though I assured her I wouldn't leave her there, we were all asked to leave and they took them away."
Some parents have told the BBC they got just 20 minutes with their daughter before she was taken to hospital, and from there to the capital, Abuja.
Listen to the father's account in full below:
Nearly all of the 110 Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by militants in the town of Dapchi last month were returned yesterday, the government says.
Officials have said at least 101 girls were reunited with their families after being brought back to the town.
Reports suggest at least five girls died during their ordeal, and that a Christian girl remains captive.
It has taken almost a month for Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari to visit Dapchi - the town where 110 girls were snatched by Boko Haram militants.
But - as we reported yesterday - he has finally made it there.
Unfortunately, the visit does not appear to have left either parents or Nigerian social media users impressed, after pictures emerged of his large entourage and the red carpet which was rolled out on his arrival.
Mr Buhari - who promised "there will be no rest" until the schoolgirls were found - and his crew flew in on at least six helicopters to address the students, relatives and teachers of the kidnapped girls on Wednesday.
It led one mother of two missing girls to question where those soldiers were when her daughters were taken.
The president's huge security entourage, she said, was upsetting to see.
Others told the BBC they were not reassured by President Buhari's words and many are still angry at the lack of action by the government immediately after the attack.
Meanwhile, social media users could not take their eyes off the red carpet...
The military's ability to find the kidnapped Dapchi schoolgirls depends on regular people revealing what they know, a Nigerian defence official has told the BBC.
Brigadier General John Agim criticised people's reluctance to come forward with information which would help in the fight against Boko Haram.
Speaking to the BBC's Chris Ewokor, he said:
We have been saying we must begin to realise the fight between Boko Haram and Nigeria is not a fight between Boko Haram and the military.
The intelligence we have to get must come from the people. When people see things and don’t think it is their responsibility, that is a problem.... The success of [the Dapchi] operation depends on how much people are willing to tell."
The schoolgirls disappeared two weeks ago during a raid which is widely believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants.
The military has come under fire for not properly protecting the area after soldiers were reportedly withdrawn from checkpoints surrounding the town just days before the attack.