An electrical fault's believed to have been behind a gas leak on a Shropshire high street which closed the road for much of yesterday and overnight.
Shropshire fire service said the fault in a cable, above a gas pipe, caused a small explosion which ruptured the gas main on Bridgnorth's High Street.
From about 14:30 yesterday, the road was cordoned off after fire crews were called to a former NatWest bank branch.
By 20:45, West Mercia Police said the cordon was reduced and most residents were allowed back to their homes after the leak was isolated.
The fire service said it was "incredibly lucky" the gas from the leak didn't catch fire.