Those opposed to the coup say they will stay on the streets until the generals leave power.
Read moreBy Mohanad Hashim
BBC News
By Mohanad Hashim
BBC News

Will Ross
Africa editor, BBC World Service

Sudan's military chief, General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, has appointed 15 ministers to a new government.
The move comes almost three months after he seized power in a military coup which derailed a planned transition to elections.
Since the coup there have been frequent large protests that have seen more than 70 protesters killed by security forces.
Correspondents say the naming of a new government is unlikely to appease the protesters who want the military to quit the political scene entirely.
Earlier, dozens of judges in Sudan called for a criminal investigation into the violent suppression of the protests, accusing military leaders of carrying out heinous violations against defenceless protesters.
The United States has reiterated that it will not resume economic assistance to Sudan unless there is an end to violence and a civilian-led government is restored.

Will Ross
Africa editor, BBC World Service

Dozens of Sudanese judges and prosecutors have condemned the killing of more than 70 protesters since October's coup and have called for a criminal investigation.
Frequent protests have been met with live gunfire and tear gas and thousands are once again out on the streets of the capital Khartoum.
A statement from 55 judges to the head of the judiciary said military leaders had carried out heinous violations against defenceless protesters.
The Sudanese police say dozens of officers have also been injured. Separately, more than 100 prosecutors have said they are stopping work in protest at the violations by security forces.
Sudan's acting information minister said an investigation would be carried out into the deaths of seven protesters on Monday.
By Josef Rindl
BBC Sport Africa
The Newsroom

BBC World Service

People in the Sudanese capital, Khartoum, have shuttered shops and barricaded streets in response to a call for two days of civil disobedience.
The call was made after seven pro-democracy protesters were killed by security forces on Monday.
Police have once again fired tear gas at some of those setting up roadblocks.
Sudan's University for Science and Technology said it had suspended all activities.
More than 70 people have been killed since demonstrations began after October's coup.
After Monday's deaths the UN and the US embassy criticised the violent tactics of the Sudanese security forces.
The police said 50 officers were injured.
Sudan's ruling military council said it would establish an anti-terrorism force to counter what it described as "potential threats".
The number of people killed by security officers during Monday's pro-democracy protests in Sudan has risen to at least seven, medics say.
Civilians were shot with live bullets, the Central Committee of Sudanese Doctors said, calling it "a massacre by the coup authorities who were seeking to disperse the protests".
The authorities have not yet commented on the reported deaths.
Reuters news agency quotes a witness as saying several injured civilians could be seen bleeding heavily in streets after security forces fired tear gas to block protesters from approaching the presidential palace in Khartoum.
More than 70 have died in protests since the October coup, according to a tally from doctors in the country.
More about Sudan:

Mary Harper
Africa editor, BBC World Service

Activists in Sudan say three people have been shot dead by the security forces in the latest round of protests against last year's coup.
Thousands demonstrated in the capital Khartoum and the central city of Wad Madani.
Doctors say more than 60 other people have been killed during the many pro-democracy demonstrations - most were shot or hit by tear gas cannisters. Female protesters have also been sexually assaulted.
Sudan's ruling military council has said it will establish an anti-terrorism force to counter what it described as "potential threats".
Monday's protests come ahead of a planned visit by the US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs and the country's new Horn of Africa envoy.
Their first stop is Saudi Arabia where they are discussing possible ways of restoring a transitional government.

Nazim Sirag, a Sudanese activist who co-ordinates medical aid to those protesting against military rule, says on his Facebook page that two people have been shot dead by the security forces.
This has not been independently verified and the authorities have not yet commented.
The reported shootings come as security forces once more fired tear gas at thousands of people who have been protesting in the capital, Khartoum.
This is the latest in a series of protests since October's coup - which saw military leaders seize power and arrest the civilian prime minister just one month before Sudan was scheduled to transition to a civilian head of state.
In recent days there have been various crackdowns on perceived dissent - including the banning of Al Jazeera Live TV and using tear gas in hospitals.

BBC World Service

Sudan has revoked the licence of the live-streaming channel of Al Jazeera's television network.
Al Jazeera Mubasher said its team had been barred from working in Sudan, which had accused them of unprofessional coverage of opposition rallies.
In November, Al Jazeera's Khartoum bureau chief was arrested and held for three days without charge.
Activists say more than 60 people have been killed in a series of protests held against October's military coup.
On Sunday, Sudanese doctors protested against what they said were attacks against medical personnel by the security forces during pro-democracy rallies.
One doctor in Khartoum told AFP news agency that the security forces even fired tear gas in the hospitals.
More about Sudan:

Will Ross
Africa editor, BBC World Service
The authorities in Sudan say a senior police officer has been killed as thousands of protesters took to the streets of the capital Khartoum to call for an end to military rule.
Last month police officials said dozens of officers were injured during demonstrations, but this is the first reported fatality in the security forces since October's coup.
Doctors say more than 60 other people have been killed during the many pro-democracy demonstrations - most were shot or hit by tear gas cannisters. Female protesters have also been sexually assaulted.
In several other cities across Sudan people are also out on the streets in protest.

Will Ross
Africa editor, BBC World Service

Sudanese security forces have fired tear gas at thousands of pro-democracy protesters who were heading towards the presidential palace in the capital, Khartoum.
Marches are also taking place in several other cities across the country as people continue to demand the end of military rule.
Since October's coup there have been frequent protests as people call for General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan to step down and for the military to quit the political scene.
More than 60 people have been killed during pro-democracy demonstrations. Members of the security forces have also sexually assaulted women and girls.
The UN has been trying to start negotiations to end the country's political crisis.

Emmanuel Igunza
BBC News, Nairobi

Egyptian President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi has broken his silence over the military coup in neighbouring Sudan and the ongoing protests calling for civilian rule.
Egypt has faced accusations of siding with Sudan's head of military, Abdel Fattah al Burhan but President Sisi dismissed the claims.
"Just because we have not issued any public statements does not mean that we are aligned to this side or the other side," he told reporters on the sidelines of the World Youth Forum being held in Sharm el-Sheikh.
He called on both the military rulers and the protesters to embrace dialogue to end the political crisis.
Separately, he said he was disappointed by the breakdown of talks between Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan over the construction of a dam on the River Nile, which has been a source of a decade-long row between the countries.
He said Egypt had always been ready to co-operate on a binding agreement before the dam becomes fully operational.
He said the country had gone to UN Security Council because a solution hadn't been found yet.

BBC Monitoring
The world through its media

Sudanese activists have called for protests on Thursday to continue to demand the end of military rule.
Protest organisers had planned action for Wednesday but decided to delay it by a day at the last minute.
A poster shared on social media by the Sudanese Professionals’ Association - the group that mobilised protests against the former president, Omar al-Bashir - urged Sudanese to take part in the "million-march" demonstrations.
A doctors' union says more than 60 people have been killed in weeks of demonstrations demanding for civilian rule.
Abdalla Hamdok, who had served as prime minister before he was arrested by the military in October and later reinstated as premier a month, later resigned on 2 January - throwing the country into a major crisis.
The army now remains fully in charge as talks continue on the appointment of civilian leaders.

BBC World Service

Doctors say two people have died and dozens others were injured on Sunday in Sudan's capital Khartoum, in the latest round of demonstrations against October's military coup.
One was hit on the head by a tear gas cannister and died from a brain haemorrhage, while another died after being struck in the neck by a tear gas cannister.
A doctors' organisation allied to the protest movement, called the Central Doctors’ Committee, says 63 people have now been killed since the coup.
Police in Sudan say 86 people were arrested during Sunday's unrest. The official Sudanese news agency described those arrested as "unruly protesters".
The United Nations says it is trying to start talks in Sudan to resolve the political crisis and ensure there is a transition to democracy.
At the start of January, Abdalla Hamdok resigned as civilian prime minister amid continuing friction between the military and pro-democracy campaigners.

BBC World Service

Sudanese security forces have fired tear gas to try to disperse the latest anti-government protest marches in the capital, Khartoum.
Among the groups joining Sunday's demonstrations was the Central Doctors’ Committee whose members say they are angry at the impact of October's military coup on health services.
Last week, Abdalla Hamdok resigned as prime minister amid continuing friction between the military and pro-democracy campaigners.
The UN envoy to Sudan, Volker Perthes, had called for both sides to engage in constructive dialogue.
But his proposal has been rejected by opposition trades unions and rebels in the Darfur region.
Read more:
Sudanese people have no option but to go out and demonstrate against the military, according to the spokesperson of the Sudanese Professionals Association.
"Our people decided to bring this coup down, and we will bring it down. We're still fighting for our freedom, peace and justice," Mohaned El-Nour told the BBC's Newsday programme.
See earlier post:Thousands protest

BBC World Service

Thousands of people in Sudan have protested once more against military rule.
It follows the resignation of Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok on Sunday.
In the capital Khartoum, the security services fired teargas at demonstrators near the presidential palace.
One protester was shot dead in demonstrations in the capital's twin city, Omdurman, according to the Central Committee of Doctors in Sudan.
There were also marches in other places, including Port Sudan, Atbara and Wad Madani.
Some bridges between Khartoum and the adjoining cities of Omdurman and Bahri were closed ahead of the rally.
Earlier, internet and mobile services were disrupted.
Sudan's armed forces, led by Gen Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, staged a coup in October, triggering a wave of protests and international condemnation.
Efforts to resolve the crisis have so far failed.
Read more:

BBC World Service

The United States, Norway, Britain and the European Union have warned the Sudanese military against appointing their own prime minister, saying it would risk plunging the nation into conflict.
The countries said they would not support a prime minister or government appointed without the involvement of a broad range of civilian stakeholders.
The former prime minister, Abdalla Hamdok, resigned on Sunday amid a political deadlock and widespread protests resulting from October's military coup.
The Western countries again voiced alarm at the military's actions against protesters - more than 50 have been killed since the coup.
On Tuesday in several cities, security forces fired tear gas to disperse large crowds demonstrating against military rule.

Will Ross
Africa editor, BBC World Service

Sudanese security forces have fired tear gas in an effort to break up pro-democracy protests in the capital, Khartoum, and in Port Sudan.
People in several cities have been chanting slogans against the military and calling for the downfall of Sudan's ruling council.
It is headed by General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan who led a military coup in October.
In Khartoum's neighbouring city, Omdurman, dozens of people set up barricades.
The protests come two days after the resignation of the civilian prime minister Abdalla Hamdok.
Fifty-six people have died during protests since the October coup, most were shot by security forces.
Read more: