Nairobi attack: British victims and survivors
Six UK nationals have been confirmed as having been killed in the attack on the Westgate shopping centre in the Kenyan capital Nairobi. Here is what is known so far about the Britons who died and others caught up in the incident.
Architect Ross Langdon, 33, who had joint British-Australian citizenship, has been named as one of the UK victims although the Foreign Office is still not confirming the identities of those killed.
Mr Langdon's company, Regional Associates, issued a tribute to him and said he died alongside his pregnant partner, Elif Yavuz, a Dutch citizen.
The couple were due to have their first child in the next few weeks.
Mr Langdon had worked on projects in Africa including in Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania, as well as designing an Aids hospital in Kenya.
His firm described him as "inspirational" and "profoundly talented".
Last year, at he gave a talk at the TEDxKrakow conference in Poland about his work as an architect in Africa.
Ms Yavuz was a health worker for the Clinton Foundation, set up by the former US president, in the fields of malaria and HIV/Aids in Africa.
Zahira and Jennah Bawa
Louis Bawa, of Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, said he had spoken to his daughter Jennah, eight, and Kenyan-born wife Zahira on the Friday but "didn't get a chance to catch up with them" again.
He said they had gone on a regular Saturday shopping trip to the Westgate centre, but added: "This time they didn't come home."
Mr Bawa and his daughter were both born in the UK.
His aunt, Shakuntla Bawa, said: "We can't believe it. They are a very nice family, very lovely. Everybody who knew them is shocked."
British survivor Lynsey Khatau, 23, who lives in south Wales and Kenya, fled from the mall with her partner and four-year-old son.
"When they shot at me, my son saw a man get shot instead of me, so I was lucky not to get shot," she said.
"My son is completely traumatised, he doesn't sleep and even if he does sleep he wakes up crying, 'They're shooting at my daddy,' so it's very difficult at the moment."
She added: "The only thing I was thinking is, 'We're going to die.' There were people just falling everywhere."
British citizen Niall Saville was wounded in the attack, but his wife Kang Moon-hee, from South Korea, was killed.
The 38-year-old Ms Kang was fatally wounded from gunshot wounds and shrapnel from a grenade, South Korean's Yonhap news agency reported.
Sources told the agency she died while being treated at a hospital on Sunday.
The UK Foreign Office released a statement on behalf of the Saville and Kang families which said the couple had lived in numerous locations. Both families, the statement said, "need to focus on grieving and supporting Niall through his recovery".
Ms Kang was described as "a bright, loving, kind and genuine person who will be greatly missed".
A four-year-old boy and six-year-old girl from Britain were among the survivors.
Their mother was reportedly shot in the leg but was able to escape with the children.
The boy is said to have shouted at one of the gunmen: "You're a bad man, let us leave."
Their father said in a statement: "I am very relieved that my family have survived and my thoughts go out to those families that are not as fortunate as my own.
"My children are traumatised and my wife is very unwell as a result of this senseless atrocity.
"As a family we now need time and privacy to heal. We would strongly urge anyone interested in helping out the victims of this attack to make donations to the Kenya Red Cross."
The family have asked for their children not to be identified.
British nationals concerned about friends or family can contact the Foreign Office on +44 (0)20 7008 0000