Manchester Dogs' Home fire: Teenager is given bail
A 15-year-old boy has been bailed after being arrested on suspicion of starting the Manchester Dogs' Home fire.
The blaze, which was tackled by more than 30 firefighters, killed about 60 animals, police have said.
More than 150 dogs were rescued from the building in Moss Brook Road in Harpurhey on Thursday evening.
A JustGiving account set up by the Manchester Evening News has raised more than £1.2m.
A special service is due to be held at Christchurch, Harpurhey, at 18:00 BST on Sunday.
On Friday, Manchester Dogs' Home tweeted: "A million. A million good hearts, a million amazing people thank you thank you thank you."
Speaking to BBC Radio 5Live earlier, local residents Jason Dyer and his stepson Daniel Vere described running into the burning building to help in the rescue effort.
Mr Dyer, 41, said: "We just saw the smoke at the bottom of the avenue, so we made our way over instantly.
"I just remember running into the building with my family and pulling the dogs out one at a time."
Mr Vere, 25, said: "We went to the front desk, got loads and loads of leads and ran down to the main building. Windows were popping right by us, loads of flames everywhere.
"The rooms were full of smoke, all the dogs were choking. We were kicking out the cages one by one, putting the leads on them and getting them to safety."
Many of the dogs rescued from the fire have been moved to other sites, including Cheshire Dogs' Home near Warrington.
After the centre requested people to provide temporary foster care for dogs due to the number of animals on site, dozens of people turned up.
Cheshire Police tweeted: "High Volume of Vehicles at Cheshire Dogs Home to adopt dogs following the recent tragic fire. Avoid area if travelling."
Volunteers at the Cheshire site have been collecting dog food, bedding and other items donated by the public.
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home in London said they would offer every possible assistance to the Manchester home.
At the scene
Alice Gregr, BBC Radio Manchester reporter
Volunteers have been busy here at Cheshire Dogs' Home since early this morning and the home is now piled high with donations.
The rooms are full of dog food, blankets, crates and baskets, with volunteers saying they have been overwhelmed by the response.
Although many members of staff say they're devastated by the fire, there's a sense of optimism and comradeship as they wait for fosterers to come and take dogs home.