Anti-terror probe sees two men arrested
Two men have been arrested by police in London under anti-terror laws and searches are under way at properties in London and Stoke, police have said.
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
And a 40-year-old was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to possess and supply fraudulent documents.
Both men are in custody at a central London police station.
Searches are taking place at five residential addresses - four in south-east London, where the men were arrested, and one in Stoke.
No firearms officers were involved in the arrests, police said.
Meanwhile, police said warrants of further detention had been granted on Tuesday for five people who were previously arrested as part of the investigation.
They were arrested in Dover and east London on suspicion of planning acts of terrorism. All five remain in custody.
Searches were carried out at four addresses in east London, one in south London and two in north Wales following those earlier arrests.
Speaking at the time of Tuesday's arrests, BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said those suspected offences were thought to relate to Syria - not to plans for an attack in the UK.
The terror threat level in the UK was raised from substantial to severe a few months ago amid increasing concerns over British jihadists travelling to Iraq and Syria to take part in activities related to terrorism.
A Counter-Terrorism and Security Bill was introduced to Parliament last week, containing powers that include new orders to temporarily exclude suspected British fighters from returning to the UK.