Football fans in court after clashes at Shrewsbury Town versus Walsall match
Ten football fans from Walsall have appeared in court after a fight broke out ahead of a local football derby in Shrewsbury.
Police arrested a total of 15 people when Shrewsbury Town played Walsall in October.
The fight left a police officer with a broken leg.
Six of the men pleaded guilty to violent disorder. They will be sentenced at Shrewsbury Crown Court next month.
The six men, all from Walsall, are:
- Arron Arrowsmith, 34, of Harden Rd
- Mark Walters, 27, of Alumwell Road
- Michael Edwards, 56, of Roebuck Road
- Dean Stone, 32, of Burgh Way
- James Ross, 27, of Abbey Square
- Neil Robinson, 50 of Stephenson Avenue
Ross also pleaded guilty to a charge of possessing cannabis.
Four men pleaded not guilty to violent disorder, including a father and son both called Stephen Michael Leonard, aged 50 and 27 respectively.
Ben Edwards, 26, Roebuck Rd, and Sam Bryan, 49 of Leamore Lane - who did not appear in court due to ill health - were both also charged.