Eight held in Bristol and Birmingham human trafficking probe
Eight men have been arrested in Bristol and Birmingham as part of an investigation into human trafficking.
The arrests come after two women told police at the end of August they had been victims of sexual exploitation at a property in Eastville, Bristol.
The women, aged 18 and 21, also told police of forced marriages.
Six warrants were issued in Eastville, Easton, Southville and Oldbury Court in Bristol; and two in the Hockley area of Birmingham.
In total, eight men were arrested by Avon and Somerset police:
- A 42-year-old man on suspicion of trafficking, rape and assault
- Two men, aged 38 and 36, on suspicion of trafficking
- A 24-year-old man on suspicion of money laundering
- Three men held on suspicion of immigration offences
- A 30-year-old man on suspicion of taking part in a forced marriage