Ten men from Midlands and London charged with child sex offences
Ten men from London and the Midlands have been charged with child sexual exploitation offences against two boys.
The charges include rape, attempted rape, child prostitution, child pornography and drug charges linked to boys from Leicester and Coventry.
The men, aged between 24 and 78, face accusations the boys were abused by a group of men who befriended them.
One man has appeared at Birmingham magistrates court and has been remanded into custody.
Tahir Hussain, 33, from St Joseph's Road in Ward End, Birmingham, is charged with four counts of rape, one charged of sexual assault, three of sexual activity with a boy, six of facilitating child prostitution and a count of trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation.
Six of the offences are said to have been carried out against in a 15-year-old in February 2010. He has been remanded in custody until 24 August.
The other nine men have been bailed until 18 August.
- Stephen Kelly, 39, of Elm Road in Bournville, Birmingham
- Peter Joynes, 58, of Canberra Way in Highgate, Birmingham
- Darren Clegg, 27, of Whitburn Avenue in Great Barr, Birmingham
- Peter Lowe, 67, of Salisbury Close in Moseley, Birmingham
- Ronald Potter, 78, of Tippers Lane in Fillongley, near Coventry
- Ian Prestleton, 53, of High Haden Road in Sandwell, West Midlands
- Alan Priest, 63, of Holly Road in Rowley Regis, West Midlands
- Ashley Sherrington, 24, of Dawlish Drive, Stoke-on-Trent
- Michael Godbold, 58, of Uxbridge Road, Shepherds Bush, London