Chemical scare at Letchworth nursing home

  • Published

A nursing home in Hertfordshire was evacuated after a chemical scare.

About 65 residents and staff from the White House Nursing Home in Gillison Close, Letchworth, were taken to a nearby building.

Firefighters cleared several chemicals from a cleaning cupboard which had spilled and mixed together causing noxious fumes.

Paramedics treated 11 members of staff for minor eye irritation and the building was ventilated.

The chemical spill happened at about 1350 GMT.

No-one was taken to hospital.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.