Buckinghamshire groomed girl abused by 60 men in 'ring of horror'
Members of a child sex ring abused two vulnerable schoolgirls on a "massive scale", a court has heard.
One girl, who was aged 12 or 13 at the time, alleges she was abused and passed between 60 men who had sex with her, in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
Eleven men, on trial at the Old Bailey, variously deny 47 sexual offences between 2006 and 2012.
Prosecutor Oliver Saxby QC said the girls were conditioned into believing their "horrifying" ordeal was normal.
Both came from troubled backgrounds and wanted to feel grown up when they were taken in by the men.
Charges included the multiple rape of a child under 13, child prostitution and administering a substance to "stupefy" a girl in order to engage in sexual activity.
In all, 45 charges relate to one child, who cannot be identified for legal reasons and is known as "A", and four against a second girl, referred to as "B".
Mr Saxby said: "This case concerns child sexual exploitation on a massive scale.
"It features two young girls who were... sexually abused from the age of 12 or 13.
"Both girls were from unstable backgrounds, making perfect targets.
"Their lives were 'off the rails'. They were looking for excitement, for attention, for somewhere to hang out away from school and home.
"They were wanting to feel grown up and looked after. And they were easy prey for a group of men wanting casual sexual gratification that was easy, regular and readily available."
Mr Saxby said the girls were befriended and given gifts such as alcohol, DVDs, food, and occasionally drugs.
"They were children, they spoke in terms of these men being their boyfriends. And they were passed from man to man - sometimes on a daily basis.
"The scale of it is, you may agree, horrifying. A estimated that she had sex with about 60 men," said Mr Saxby.
The 11 on trial are accused of being among the men who abused the schoolgirls.
At the time they lived in Aylesbury where the alleged abuse occurred and some were friends.
The trial continues.
Charges against the men:
- Vikram Singh, 45, of Cannock Road, Aylesbury, is charged with four counts of rape, four counts of sexual activity with a child, and one of administering a substance with intent
- Harmohan Nangpal, 41, of Langdale Drive, Hayes, is accused of one count of rape, and one count of sexual activity with a child
- Asif Hussain, 33, of Hodge Lea, Milton Keynes, face three counts of rape, three counts of sexual activity with a child and one count of arranging child prostitution
- Arshad Jani, 33, of Cousins Drive, Aylesbury, denies one count of rape, and a further count of sexual activity with a child
- Mohammed Imran, 38, of Springcliffe Street, Bradford, is accused of three counts of rape, three counts of sexual activity with a child, two counts of conspiracy to commit sexual activity with a child, two counts of conspiracy to rape and one count of child prostitution
- Akbari Khan, 36, of Mandeville Road, Aylesbury, denies two counts of rape, one count of of sexual activity with a child, and one each of administering a substance with intent, conspiracy to rape, and conspiracy to commit sexual activity with a child
- Taimoor Khan, 29, of Highbridge Road, Aylesbury, is charged with one count of sexual activity with a child
- Jerome Joe, 35, of Pightle Crescent, Buckingham, is charged with one count of rape and a single count of sexual activity with a child
- Sajad Ali, 34, of Brockhurst Road, Chesham, is charged with rape and one count of sexual activity with a child
- Sohail Qamar, 41, of St Anne's Road, Aylesbury, is accused of two counts of rape and assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Faisal Iqbal, 32, of Pixie Road, Aylesbury, is on trial accused of conspiracy to rape and conspiracy to commit sexual activity with a child