An elderly couple who died after a fire at their flat have been named.
Cynthia and Philip Darley, both aged in their 80s, died after the fire started in the airing cupboard at their home in Hickory Drive in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
Fire investigators have said electrical equipment was in the cupboard at the time of the blaze on Tuesday.
Ambulance crews tried to resuscitate the couple on their lawn but they were later confirmed dead at City Hospital after being overcome by smoke.
- 22 December 2010