Birmingham & Black Country

Birmingham cannabis factory fire injures two

Two men are being treated in hospital after a fire broke out at a house in Birmingham that was being used as a cannabis factory.

Fire crews and paramedics were called to Woodwells Road in Ward End at about 0915 GMT.

A spokesman for West Midlands Fire Service said one man had to be rescued from the two-storey house while another was found lying on the ground outside.

He said it appeared the man had jumped from a window to get to safety.

The man found outside had a broken ankle and burns and the man who was rescued also had burns.

He added the fire appeared to have been caused by wiring being used to bypass an electricity metre.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites