Four hurt in petrol station fire in Ladywood, Birmingham
Four people have been taken to hospital after suffering burns during a fire at a petrol station in Birmingham.
The blaze happened at the BP garage on Spring Hill, Ladywood, about 11:00 GMT.
A fan heater in a store room beside the garage shop caused an aerosol canister containing lighter fluid to explode, the fire service said.
Three men and a woman have been taken to hospital with injuries ranging from 3% to 15% burns, said spokesman Neil Spencer.
One of the men was treated for burns to his hands and face at the scene before being taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, the ambulance service said.
The other two men were treated for "superficial facial burns" and the woman was treated for superficial burns to her arm. The three were taken to City Hospital for further assessment and treatment.
The fire did not involve the petrol station pumps, West Midlands Fire Service added.