Wolverhampton club evacuated as fire breaks out

  • Published

Forty people were moved out of a working men's club in Wolverhampton as a fire broke out nearby.

Two workers at a metal recycling plant in Hickman Avenue had to be led to safety after the fire broke out during Sunday evening.

The club was emptied by West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service due to the threat of exploding cylinders.

Fire crews said up to 2,000 litres of kerosene was alight and crews were expected to remain there for the night.

People were allowed back into the club a short time later.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.